YELLOWMUM: My Birthing Story

I guess it goes without saying that my world definitely revolves around my new baby! I have finally given birth last February 19, 2013 at 41 weeks! My whole life changed since she was born. I am now a mom. Can you guys believe it? I feel like I was just talking about my pregnancy and now poof, she's here!

Watch my birthing video as I talk about my birthing experience. :)

We got to the hospital around 5am. It took us only 15 minutes to get to the hospital from our home because there was no traffic and maybe H was already getting anxious.

Here's a photo of me while waiting to be admitted. The resident doctor said my OBGYN asked me to be admitted because I was already 3cm dilated and 41 weeks pregnant, so I should deliver soon.

Upon admission, here is the room my hubby got for us. It was a small private room but he got the bigger one. The smallest private room was P2,200/night, and this room's P2,500/night. This room was a lot bigger than the other one, hence even with the P300/night difference, H opted for this.

Here's a photo I took because we were bored. It was around 1pm and I still wasn't in active labor. Contractions were about 15 minutes apart. But I was definitely sleepy and already tired. Anxious because I know I'll be giving birth that day or the next.

I wasn't allowed to take photos in the labor room and holy crap labor was sooo painful that even if I had my camera with me, I doubt that I'd be able to film nor take any photos! My labor was augmented and I was in active labor for almost 4 hours. I honestly couldn't imagine going through longer hours of labor without any epidural. Hats off to women who can do it all natural!

Everything was going smoothly, I was supposed to have a normal delivery. But at 7cm, Robyn's heart rate started to drop and given that it takes 1 hour for me to dilate 1cm, it will take 3 more hours before I can start pushing. My OBGyn didn't want to risk my baby's life and she assumed that it was because of cord coil that's why her heart rate was going down- and indeed it was.

At 10pm, Olivia Robyn Tan was born. The whole c-section was done within 6 minutes because they wanted my baby out right away. I was asleep when she was taken out. I woke up when I heard her crying. She cried loudly!

Thank you to my anesthesiologist Dr. Reyes for taking photos during my delivery! :)

Robyn was roomed in the day after. She was brought to us "permanently" around 2pm of February 20. Here's a photo of the new dad snapping away! He was such a big help because I couldn't and didn't want to get out of bed right away after the surgery. He was in charge of taking care of our princess.

Robyn  was 7 lbs 13 oz and 50cm long. Talk about height right. :p She has dimples. It's funny because a couple of weeks before giving birth, I actually had a dream that my daughter has 2 dimples. And it turned out to be correct! ;)

Groggy, manas and tired- here's a photo of me my sister took when they visited me a day after giving birth.

As for me, my OBGyn visited me and checked on my stitches and she gave me instructions on how to clean them. I was doing well that 2 days after giving birth, I was already mobile. My MIL also prepared medicine and food that I needed to eat in order to regain my strength.

I want to thank my OBGyn, Dra. Caisip for being patient with me and being there during labor. She was so kind and she really made sure that my baby and I were both doing well. Just like what she said, her patients are both of us- not just me. Hands down, I am so thankful to her. The 2 Dr. Reyes who were my anesthesiologists. They were so friendly and so kind. One of them even held my hand while I was having my I.E. because it was so painful. Dr. Hernandez, our pedia, for taking care of my baby. All the nurses and resident doctors for making sure everything's doing great and all are normal. My experience with my hospital, Cadinal Santos Medical Center was really really worth every penny. All of their staff were friendly, very nice, and most importantly helpful! I, being a new mom, had so many questions and they were very patient with me and answered all of my concerns.

So I guess that's it for now. I'm off to do my motherly duties. Expect more posts on motherhood. I can't believe it--- I'm a mom! Ciao for now! :)