I received a loot earlier from BYS and out of everything, I was most intrigued by their foundation primer.
I actually have high expectations from primers because I don't like retouching and I'm usually out in the morning and come home late at night. So imagine how many hours that is and all the sweat, stress and gunk my face endures. Haha! So here are my requirements when it comes to primers:
- makes my face somewhat smoother
- minimize the appearance of my pores
- makes my makeup last the whole day or at least a decent amount of time
- PLUS POINT: mattifies my face
With that said, I gave BYS Luminizing Foundation Primer a try. I gotta say, first thing I noticed was that it was expensive! It was around P1000 (forgot how much exactly). Most of the primers in the department stores are cheaper, so obviously it made me expect more.
Upon swatching, it reminded me so much of another favorite which is the L'Oreal Base Magique. Unfortunately, I don't see Base Magique in the Philippines anymore. It was replaced by another primer and I was only able to buy another jar of that when I went to Hong Kong.
Let me tell you, the Luminizing Foundation Primer quickly became my to-go-to primer and has become a must have. It makes my skin so smooth and velvety. It also give just the right amount of moisture to my combination skin. It's difficult to choose moisturizers, in my opinion, because some just make my skin grease up faster. It really does help makeup apply so easily because of how smooth my skin is. And it held my makeup pretty well even with this summer heat too!
What I LIKE:
- smooth and soft skin
- minimized my pores- check!
- filled in some of my lines (laugh lines among other things)
- makeup glided very easily
- held my makeup the whole day
What I DON'T LIKE:
- I read that it's supposed to make the skin glowing, I can't say I noticed that.
- If you put a lot of product, it may leave white product on the skin and may cake the makeup.
Here are some photos. (Take note that these were taken on different days but I listed the time below)
A few hours and my makeup is still intact.
2.5 out of 3 Schnauzers
Like my Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YellowYum
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MsYellowYum
See my work: http://charlenetanmakeup.tumblr.com
I'm on Instagram: yellowyum
I'm on Snapchat: yellowyum