It's time for the pastels to rebel with Maybelline Color Sensational. I still remember when vampy colors were so hot and so IN. You'll see them everywhere, from the runways to TV and obviously, in the streets too. But finally it's time to give the spotlight to pastels!
Maybelline Rebel Bouquet by Color Sensational is the perfect juxtaposition of downright fierce and irresistibly flirtatious.
“From catwalk to sidewalk, Maybelline New York in the Philippines has always been about bringing the New York fearless trend forecasts closer to every Filipina, especially when it comes to makeup looks that make a statement,” shared Maia Ang, Product Manager of Maybelline New York. “Lips blossom with attitude as pastels from our Color Sensational Rebel Bouquet go bold and rebellious with the new Color Bloom Technology for super-saturated pigments that give these fresh-picked pastels a bright kick.”
The line consists of 11 beautiful pastel shades.It's a great mix of pinks, reds and mauves. And guess what, it's infused with Color Bloom Technology to ensure that the lips are never dull, washed out and shy. Also charged with honey nectar, the lipsticks leave a rich sumptuous feel on the lips.
I received 11 lipsticks but got 2 pcs of REB03. So here I will be swatching the 10 shades I received.
What I LIKE:
- lipstick's very creamy and jelly formula
- easy to apply, glides smoothly
- good color payoff
- very buildable (Some look light on first swipe, so just build with a few more layers for a bright finish)
- very moisturizing, no need for lipbalm before and gloss after
- affordable at only P299 per tube
What I DON'T LIKE:
- not long wearing and transfer proof. Retouching is necessary especially after eating or drinking.
- some shades tend to bleed especially the brighter colors
Here are the shades:
And here they are side by side on my arm:
Like my Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YellowYum
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MsYellowYum
See my work: http://charlenetanmakeup.tumblr.com
I'm on Instagram: yellowyum