Hi everyone! How's your week so far? In one of my most recent videos, I shared my first thoughts on Krave's face products. Here's my full review on them to guide you in buying. :)
Krave Upgrade 12HD Liquid Foundation in Almond
Whitening, Lifting & Nourishing
Dewey Glowing Finish
Control the signs of skin aging. Upgrade you skin's nutrient supply with UPGRADE 12HD. Contains 12 supreme cosmeceutical ingredients synergistically powered for lifting sagging skin, whitening & nourishing extracts & botanicals. Provides medium to maximum coverage.
I was intrigued with this specific product because of the unique ingredients they have. Unlike other foundations, Krave uses 12 beneficial and skin friendly ingredients that have whitening and anti-aging benefits. Other than that, it also gives moisture to the face, reduce fine lines, dry flaky skin and aged appearance.
Here is a swatch of Almond: They currently have only 2 shades, Almond is the light shade and Honey is the darker one.
The main difference of Krave Upgrade 12HD with other liquid foundation is the combination of ingredients used to create the product:
- Licorice root extract- Rich in Glabridin which is an incredible skin whitening agent.
- Ceramide- helpful in decreasing melanin and re-balancing the dermal cells.
- Grape seed extract-Compared with Vitamins C, E and A (beta-carotene), it stays longer in the body for as long as 3 full days, is 20 times more potent than Vitamin C
- Antarcticine- Helps the skin retain water, preventing cutaneous dryness
- Hyaluronic Acid- secures moisture and creates fullness—youthful skin
- Biopeptide CL- is a messenger peptide for collagen renewal that features "retinoic acid-like" activity without irritancy.
- Pepha®-Tight- is a messenger peptide for collagen renewal that features "retinoic acid-like" activity without irritancy
- Ethyl Ascorbic Acid- is a novel vitamin C derivative with excellent whitening, anti- oxidation, radicals scavenging and collagen increasing effect.
- Coenzyme Q10- It protects against photo-aging – that means premature aging due to over exposing the skin to the sun.
- Wheat germ oil- has the ability to repair skin cells that have been damaged by the sun, pollution or an unhealthy diet
- Tornare™- increase skin elasticity & retains moisture
- Horus Sake Lees extract- promotes cellular repair and renewal.
What I LIKE:
- 12 benefits good for the skin
- full coverage
- dewy skin can be mattified with powder
- no need for concealer as it already cover the spot I wanted to conceal
- packaging is really nice and sturdy
- price is only P985
What I DON'T LIKE:
- limited shades. They only have 2 at the moment.
- may settle on fine lines. Mine settled in my undereye lines.
I really really like this foundation. It gives awesome coverage. Yes, I gotta say i's comparable to MAC Studiofix in terms of coverage. I love it! And I love the fact that this liquid foundation has so many benefits for the skin. I guess I'm practical like that, I really like using multi-purpose and multi-beneficial products because I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.
However, I also mentioned in the video that the shade is a tad light for me. Well I have acidic skin so usually foundations tend to become darker when they oxidize. This foundation did darken but it still doesn't quite match my skin tone perfectly. Still a little bit light so I really do hope they come up with more color selection.
Another face product from Krave is the HD Triplex Advanced Mineral Foundation.
Provides up to 90% in covering up blemishes while deeply repairing & enhancing the skin color. This contains Licorice root extract that has Glabridin & Glabrene that are incredible skin whitening agents. These are helpful in decreasing melanin and re-balancing the dermal cell & is a potent anti-oxidant which appears to be as powerful as natural Vitamin E. Combining it with Japanese Green tea’s catechin polyphenols & EGCG, another powerful anti-oxidant that helps to alleviate skin inflammation & reduces the production of acne.
I got the shade French Latte because it's the second to the lightest warm shade. And I think the color fits me well.
The product already comes with a built in puff and mirror. I tried using the built in puff but I still seem to want to use a kabuki and spread the product evenly. I guess I'm just more used to using a kabuki for loose powder.
These are the ingredients and skin benefits:
- LICORICE ROOT- fights hyperpigmentation. Other constituents of licorice include flavonoids, isoflavonoids and pterocarpans, vitamins A and B, licoisoflavanone, glycyrol and many more.
- JAPANESE GREEN TEA- Neutralize UV Light. Green tea contains a cocktail of potent antioxidants called catechins, which help fight damage caused by free radicals.
- KAOLIN CLAY- Skin experts recommend kaolin clay for dry and oily skin. In fact, it is one of the best skin care treatment that helps reduce production of sebum, the main contributor to greasy skin.
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE- used to protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun. They help to prevent sunburn and premature aging (e.g., wrinkles, leathery skin).
- ZINC OXIDE- Zinc is like a 24-hour, on-call skin mechanic. It helps repair damaged tissues and heal wounds.
- SILICA- Silica helps ensure collagen elasticity of all connecting tissues in the body.
- It has Kaolin Clay! Very helpful for people who have oily skin as it helps control sebum.
- good color selection
- Only P499 for 6g jar
- already comes with a small mirror
- light to medium coverage
- good in controlling oil. I didn't get too greasy.
What I DON'T LIKE:
- I didn't like the puff. It didn't seem to let out enough product. Took me a longer time to apply my powder.
- Light to medium coverage only. If you have a lot of spots you want to cover, this is not enough.
The powder foundation is quite similar to the other mineral foundations I've tried before but what made me say WOW was when I saw that there's Kaolin Clay! I guess that's what really helped in controlling my oiliness. I didn''t get oily and my tzone was also behave. It gives light to medium coverage which I don't mind because I don't really need full coverage everyday so this is a great everyday foundation if you don't have a lot of spots to cover. It's very light on the skin, doesn't feel like you're wearing any makeup.
Here are some photos when I used Upgrade 12 HD and Triplex Advanced together:
And after 8 hours, here's how it looks on me:
Like my Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YellowYum
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MsYellowYum
See my work: http://charlenetanmakeup.tumblr.com
I'm on Instagram: yellowyum